For the first recipe of the new blog I decided to begin with something easy, fast and delicious!
It has the same ingredients as the Apple Strudel (German “apfelstrüdel”) but with a different shape, let’s say mono-portion (even though you easily eat 3 or 4 without even noticing!).
Apple Pyramids2015-07-27 19:13:50Serves 4Write a reviewPrep Time15 minCook Time15 minTotal Time30 minPrep Time15 minCook Time15 minTotal Time30 minIngredients
- Puff pastry square sheet
- 2 apples
- Lemon juice
- Pine nuts
- Raw sugar
- Ground cinnamonInstructions
- Firstly, bathe the raisins in water and let them soften for 10-15 minutes.
- Peel the apples, take off the seeds and chop them in small pieces (around 1.5 cm - 1/2 inch), put them in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent the apples from browning. Add the sugar and cinnamon (quantity based on your taste).
- Now add the raisins and pine nuts to the apples and mix well.
- Lay the sheet of puff pastry and cut the square into 4 smaller squares. Then cut diagonally the squares into triangles.
- Fill the center of the triangles with the apples' mixture and close the corners up into a pyramid. Brush the pastry with milk or a beaten egg.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C - 350°F for 15 minutes or until the outside becomes golden and serve warm.Cooking My Dreams http://cookingmydreams.com/