Everybody knows Carbonara. It is very simple and believe me, it is REALLY different from the one you may taste in your local Italian restaurant. Make it at home and discover a brand new Carbonara!
The main difference between the recipes around may be in the eggs, so I can explain you a few things:
-It is usually 1 egg per person.
-If you use only full eggs it may become too “slimy”
-If you use only yolks it may be too “heavy”
That’s why I use 1 full egg and 1 yolk.
It is a classic. It is in every Food Blog of the world. But this is how my mom taught me to do it:
- Spaghetti 180g (5oz)
- Eggs 2 large (1 full, 1 yolk)
- Bacon 80g (1/3 cup)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Bring to boil a large pot of salted water.
- In the meanwhile, mix a bowl the full egg and the 2 yolks with a tablespoon of Parmesan, salt and pepper (don't use salt if you use smoked or salted bacon).
- Toss the spaghetti in the boiling water and cook for 10-11 minutes (check the box).
- After 5 minutes, start to brown the bacon in a large pan with low heat.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and toss it in the pan with the bacon. Turn off the heat and immediately add the egg mixture.
- Mix well until the eggs starts to coagulate and becomes a creamy sauce for the pasta.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle some more Parmesan on top and freshly grated back pepper.
- TWIST! Try to use similar ingredients such as Prosciutto Crudo instead of bacon and grated Pecorino cheese instead of Parmesan..... WOW!
OFF TOPIC: I started this new Blog adventure as an escape from my daily routine and hopefully as a beginning of a new life.
I’m glad I’m having a few readers and few Facebook likers so I just want to say THANK YOU for spending a few minutes reading my Blog. It makes the difference for me! 😉
Now go on make this Carbonara and tell me what you think! 😀