Few years ago, in an unknown restaurant, I tasted this kind of bundles whose minty and creamy taste stuck in my head for a long time.
This is my attempt to re-create them.
The ones that I tasted were made with Fillo pastry and then fried, but I decided to make a softer version and less greasy.
But if you wish, you can use the same filling with Fillo pastry, just brush with melted butter 4-5 layers and overlap them, cut the squares and make the same bundles. You can then bake them in the oven or deep fry them.
But if you make them with pre-made puff pastry, the recipe will only take you about 15 minutes to make! A nice quick recipe for an improvised party!
The filling is creamy ricotta with parsley and the fresh hint of mint wich will surprise you at every bite.
- 125g (1/2 cup) Ricotta
- 4-5 Fresh Mint sprigs
- 2-3 Parsley sprigs
- Salt, Pepper
- 1 Roll of Puff Pastry or Fillo Pastry
- Finely chop the mint and the parsley; add them to the ricotta and mix well. Adjust with salt and pepper.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and cut several squares; place a tablespoon of filling in the middle of each then close the bundles well.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170°C (340°F) for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm as appetizer or fingerfood.