Have you ever had one of those day where you have the fridge full but you don’t know what to cook?
It’s kind of similar to the feeling every woman has when open the closet and has nothing to wear.
This is one of those recipes. Called “Pasta-with-all-I-can-find-in-the-fridge”.
As Italian I cannot think of a day without eating a good Pasta dish for lunch. But as versatile as pasta can be, sometimes I run out of imagination.
These 3 ingredients are always in my fridge: zucchini, smoked bacon and cheese (in this case the French Brie cheese), so that’s how it begun.
- "Fusilli" Pasta 180g (5oz)
- Zucchini 1
- Smoked Bacon 80g (1/3 cup)
- Brie Cheese 80g (1/3 cup)
- Salt & Pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to boil. Add a punch of salt when the bubbles appear, then toss the pasta in it. (Check the box for cooking times, usually it is about 9-10 minutes)
- In the meanwhile, chop the zucchini in small cubes and fry them in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil. If necessary add a tablespoon or two of water and let the zucchini absorb it.
- After 5 minutes, when they become to soften, add the smoked bacon and stir-fry until the bacon starts to brown. Adjust with salt if necessary.
- Drain the pasta "al dente" and add it in the pan to well absorb the flavour of the condiment.
- Finally add the chopped Brie cheese to the pasta and stir well until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve immediately with a bit of freshly grounded black pepper.