Surf and Turf is called “Mari e Monti” in Italian (literally “Seas and Mountains”). This is a category of food which includes both fish and meat or vegetables.
This pasta dish includes mushrooms and zucchini for the “Turf” and mussels, inktvis and shrimps for the “Surf”. All of these flavours are really delicate and not prominent so that in every bite you can taste a little bit of everything.
- Spaghetti 180g (5oz)
- Mix of mussels, inktvis, shrimps 200g (2/3 cup)
- Zucchini 1
- Mushroom (Champignon) 100g (3/4 cup)
- White Wine
- EVO Oil
- Salt, Pepper
- Firstly, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the punch of salt only once it boils. Toss the pasta and let it boil for the cooking time written on the box (usually about 10 minutes for "al dente" pasta).
- In a pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and stir-fry 2 halved cloves of garlic until they start to brown. Then add the chopped mushrooms and zucchini. Brown for 3-4 minutes, then add the chopped fish. After a couple of more minutes, pour half a glass of white wine and let it evaporate.
- Let all the ingredients cook evenly and add a little bit of pasta water if the liquid in the pan is not enough.
- Adjust with salt and pepper and taste. Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the pan with the condiments.
- Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes so the pasta absorb all the flavours and finally finish with a generous amount of finely chopped parsley.
- You can even finish the plate with a light drizzle of chili pepper oil if you like.