Valentine's day is around the corner and if you, like us, decided to celebrate it in the coziness of your home preparing a fancy meal than here it is a great recipe for you!
This year Valentine's day falls on a week-day therefore it's difficult to prepare a grand and sofisticated meal coming back from work in the evening. So, choosing quick and easy recipes is the best way to prepare a nice meal and still have some energy left.
Tuna steak is the first thing that comes to my mind. Tuna is so light and flavorful and so incredibly quick to cook! This version with pistachios and sundried tomatoes give it an extra kick with flavor, crunchiness and saltiness.
It's so elegant and simple that it's best to leave it as it is. I serve this tuna steak with a wedge of lime for a drizzle of acidity and a simple salad. And white wine of course!
Fresh or Frozen Tuna Steak
Fresh fish is always preferred for any recipes but unfortunately it is not always ready available, especially if you don't live near the ocean.
- Fresh Tuna: Fresh tuna is delicious and will keep a great texture. Make sure that the steak it's at least 2 cm (¾ inch) thick to get the best result.
- Frozen Tuna: Frozen tuna steaks are a good alternative if you cannot find fresh fish in your supermarket. Make sure you thaw them first before cooking. Better if thawed overnight in the fridge.
Check also this guide on the different kind of tunas.
If you like this recipe, check also these other fish recipes:
Tuna Steaks crusted with Pistachios and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 2 Tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 5 Sun Dried Tomatoes, preserved in olive oil
- ¼ cup Pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup Breadcrums
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Rub the tuna steaks in extra-virgin olive oil and set them aside. Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes and the pistachios and mix them together in a small bowl.
- Add the poppy seeds and the breadcrumbs to the bowl and season well with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mix into a small plate and press the tuna steaks until well coated. If the crust mixture does not adhere properly to the tuna, it means it's either not chopped finely enough or the steaks are too dry.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a pan and when hot add the tuna steaks. Sear for about 1 minute on each side and serve immediately.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.