One of my favorite moments in the year is when I can leave my apartment without a jacket on for the first time.
Of course I live in the Netherlands which means that the day after a warm day it may snow again for a week and then rain for a month before we can see another ray of sun. But hey, what can you do?
Anyway, in a sunny or a rainy day, this dish will bring a smile to your face. It will make you feel like you’re in a summer holiday, on a beach sipping a drink and looking at the waves. *pause here for daydreaming*
How to make Mojito Risotto
Mojito is one of my favorite cocktails, is the one that for me really screams SUMMER. It’s simple and fresh, not too sweet, not too bitter, just right. Sugar, mint, lime, rhum and soda.
This risotto starts with the basic white risotto recipe. Then, you add some signature elements of the Mojito such as the lime and mint. The addition of shrimps will give a hint of sweetness to replace the sugar. They’ll also bring the flavor of the sea to reminisce the summer beach.
The shrimps are also marinated with the lime and the mint. So the flavors will all fuse together in a perfect match.
If you like this recipe, try also these other risotto recipes:
Mojito Shrimp Risotto
- 5.6 oz Carnaroli Rice
- 1 Shallot
- 7 oz Shrimps
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 2 Limes
- 4-5 Mint sprigs
- Vegetable stock
- Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Black Pepper
- Clean the shrimps and toss the heads and shells in the warm vegetable stock, together with a couple of mint sprigs to give it more flavour.
- Chop the shrimps and put in a bowl with the lime juice, olive oil, salt, ground pepper and the finely chopped mint. Cover and set aside in the fridge to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large pan, drizzle the olive oil, add the finely chopped shallot and let it sweat. Add the rice and toast for a couple of minutes, then pour the white wine and let it evaporate.
- Add the warm stock to the rice, a couple of ladles at a time, letting it absorb it before adding more.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the shrimps and cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and add a tablespoon of butter to stir in the risotto until creamy.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
If you like this recipe, you can leave a comment and a star rating to support me. ★★★★★
Thank you so much!