Pear and Gorgonzola Cheese Risotto
- 150 g 3/4 cup Risotto Rice (Carnaroli)
- 1 Pear Kaiser
- 50 g 3 1/2 tbsp Gorgonzola or Blue Cheese (you can add more, depending on your taste)
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1/2 glass White Wine
- Delicate or Chicken Bouillon
- EVO Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Peel and cut the pear in small cubes then quickly fry in a little bit of olive oil just until they start to brown, add a pinch of salt then set aside.
- In the same pan drizzle a little bit more of olive oil and toast the rice at medium heat for 1 minute then add the finely chopped onion and cook another 1 minute.
- Pour the white wine and let in evaporate completely, then add a couple of ladles of broth and bring the heat to low; add more broth as soon as the rice absorb it.
- Stir every once in a while to make sure the rice don't stick to the pan and coo until the rice is al dente (check the rice box for an approximate timing),
- When the risotto is nearly ready (at this point there should be almost no liquid), add the Gorgonzola cheese and let it melt; then add the pears with the butter and the Parmesan cheese and turn off the heat.
- Mix well so the risotto will become smooth and creamy then add some freshly ground black pepper on top. Serve immediately.